Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Remember the time I had a blog? Yeah, me neither

So, here we are again. Me, pretending to write a blog and you, loyal reader, pretending to read it. It's been over a year, at least, since I last wrote in this thing.

I think the reason I don't write in here is because I never though of myself as a writer. I tried my hand at fanfiction once, but it ended poorly when I got bored with where I was taking the heroine in the Pirates of the Caribbean spin off. She was Will Turner's best friend,who was secretly in love with him(duh) and got kidnapped by Jack Sparrow so they could go on an adventure(he said they needed a little spice in their lives). Will naturally came along. That's where I left off. They were on a boat. And that's about it. My mom said she "liked" it, but who knows.

I'd like very much to be a better writer. I think this is mostly because I have a secret desire to be Liz Lemon... Or just Tina Fey in general. I would write in a diary occasionally, but then I'd look back on it and laugh at how poor my grammar was, and how stupid I was about whatever boy I was writing about. Most of my diary entries were like "oh, today i kissed a boy and he kissed back! it was amazing! Woah!" I get a good chuckle out of them, if anything.


Update on my life : I work a bizillion(3) jobs and want to kill myself most days. All of them are waiter/bartender jobs and none of them are paid theater jobs. Mallory and I plan on moving to New York City in November-ish, and that place isn't cheap. So I'm working my ass off to try to put some money in the bank, since I didn't do much of that in college. OH! College! I graduated from there. Neat, huh? I've also moved out of the place I lived in college and moved into my Aunts place about a half hour outside the city. The commute kind of sucks, but it's better than paying rent.




Also, I met Joey Fatone.
It was a dream come true.



Here's hoping I keep trying my hand at this whole blogging thing. Who knows, maybe that whole practice thing applies to writing as well.

No comments: